Makarov Pavel Yurievich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of management, Vladimir branch of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (59a Gorkogo street, Vladimir, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Searching for new sources of economic growth, such as intellectual capital, becomes rather urgent due to intensified crisis processes caused by system problems accumulated in the Russian economy. Effective intellectual capital management on the regional level is impossible without clear understanding of its formation factors. In this regard, revealing of regional intellectual capital formation factors could be substantiated as an important direction of intellectual capital management studies.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were achieved by means of combining the results of a logical-theoretical and empirical (quantitative research and study of the current regional IC management practice) analysis of intellectual capital formation issues. The criteria for systematization of regional intellectual capital formation factors have been proposed on the basis of a systematic approach to intellectual capital understanding (external and internal factors) and on the basis of its properties as an interspecific resource of regional development (generating and shaping factors).
Results. The author has proposed a basic model of intellectual capital reproduction and specified the relationship between its components. The main factors of regional intellectual capital formation have been identified and classified. Prospective directions for further research in this area have been suggested.
Conclusions. The study results allow to assert the presence of a specific set of key factors of regional intellectual capital formation, through which it is possible to manage the process of its reproduction.
1. Granberg A. G. Konkurentosposobnost' i modernizatsiya ekonomiki: v 2 kn. [Competitiveness and modernization of economy: in 2 books]. Moscow: Izdatel'skiy dom GU VShE, 2004, bk. 1, pp. 173–174.
2. Ruus Y., Payk S., Fernstrem L. Intellektual'nyy kapital: praktika upravleniya [Intellectual capital: management practice]. Saint-Petersburg: Vysshaya shkola menedzhmenta, 2010, 436 p.
3. Tovstiga Dzh., Tulugurova E. Menedzhment innovatsiy [Innovation management]. 2013,no.1(21),pp.38–48.
4. Andriessen D., Stam C. Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management. 2008, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 489–500.
5. Bontis N. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2004, no. 1, pp. 13–39.
6. Weziak D. IRISS Working Paper. 2007, no. 13. Available at: http://ideas.repec.org/p/irs/iriswp/2007-13.html
7. Dayneko E. Yu., Dayneko V. G. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Voronezh State Technical University]. 2013, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 150–154.
8. Fedotov S. I. Sborniki konferentsiy NITs «Sotsiosfera» [Conference proceedings of “Sotsiosphera” scientific publishing center]. 2011, no. 25, pp. 108–113.
9. Edvinsson L. Korporativnaya dolgota. Navigatsiya v ekonomike, osnovannoy na znaniyakh [Corporate longitude. Navigation in knosledge-based economies]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2005, 247 p.
10. Nagel C., Mauch S. Regionale Wissensbilanz Ortenaukreis. Available at: http://www.nagel-kollegen.de/sites/default/files/Wissenbilanz_Ortenau.pdf
11. Johansson B. et al. Intellectual Capital Report for the Kista Cluster. Available at: http://edoc.difu.de/edoc.php?id=MCY2U54P
12. Viedma J. M. Knowledge Management Research & Practice. 2004, no. 2, pp. 13–23.
13. Komarov S. V., Mukhametshin A. N. Vestnik Yuzhno-Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i menedzhment [Bulletin of South-Ural State University. Series: Economics and management]. 2013, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 93–100.